Monday, August 15, 2005

Robin Shout-Out, amoung other things!

O.k., I know that you are on a road trip for a few days, but as soon as you check my blog and get this message, please fix your blog. For some unknown reason your blog will no longer allow the little people like me and Sabrina to leave you comments...it says that we are not "team members" of your blog. What the heck?! Please see what you can do to make us team members, we want to belong too! : ) Have fun and Hello to every one else.

It's super late, again and here I sit a-blogging when I should be a-sleeping! : ) Ari and I got out of Dodge this past week and went down to Moab, UT for the night...we stayed at my sister's house and we wanted to sleep outside in the yard, but it was pooring down rain, so indoors it was. We went to a water park the next day, it had cleared up and was hot by then. We had such a blast! Sorry, we forgot the camara in the truck, so no pictures, though I must say that I am not too upset that you don't all get to see us in our swimming suits and our pasty-white skin! It was so good to get away for awhile. I think that this place really takes it's tole on us, it just seems to suck the will to live out of us, so it is really refreshing to get away every now and then.

On the drive home it was raining again and we just missed a flash-flood, which if you aren't familiar with desert life, you wouldn't know that flash-floods kill a lot of people each year. It is tons of water rushing off of the slick-rock with no where to go but down and this one crossed the road we were traveling on and left about two and a half feet of mud across the road behind it. Down below in the pastures you could see several feet of water and we saw a rancher out carrying baby animals to safety. Not to be dramatic or anything, but this flood would have easily washed our truck off the road and down the bank. So, needless to say, we are really glad that we missed it! The rest of the drive home was uneventful, but we sure kept a sharp eye out for another flood. : )

I am going off to bed and I will talk to you all soon. Much love, Kristen

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Wow, quite a different place to live than good old WA! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I am doing a lot better, feeling a lot less sick but still really tired. Thanks for asking :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Tammie said...

I just got your new link added. Sounds like you are enjoying Colorado. I am sure it is much different from Colorado Springs. I enjoyed the state of Colorado, just didnt like job we had there.
By the way.... let us know when you are in town next time. Maybe we can meet half way for lunch and we can meet yor husband too!Blessings!!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Wow that sounds really exciting and scary all at the same time. I would like to view a flash flood but not be in harms way!!! Glad you both are safe!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home