Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Up-date, July 11, 2006

Well, Hello Everyone!

Hey, sorry about not telling ya'all sooner about the MRI, etc... I finally got the results, which say they see no major changes, which is both good and not so good. I am relieved that there is nothing major going on that needs immediate attention, however, I do need surgery this summer to remove hardware in my back that is left-over from the fusion I had in 2001. It was supposed to come out a year after the surgery, but my surgeon accidentally sheared off the head of one of the screws, so he said that I should wait until I started having problems before I worried about removing them...Well, the time has come. The metal in my back is partly why I have the menengitis, it also creates a lot of the inflamtion and perpetuates the nerve pain and damage. I really want to get it out a.s.a.p. and start getting better.

Thank you to you all for your prayers and for your love, it makes such a BIG difference when I am feeling low or frustrated with everything. God is and has been so present and so faithful to me through all of this and through all of you.

Ari is doing great! He has taken up Jujitsu (I have no idea how to spell that one correctly, sorry!) Any-hoo, he is really enjoying that and he takes it with one of his co-workers and his Sensi (teacher) is also a co-worker/superviser. Also, Ari has started jogging...he is up to about five times a week and he's running around two and a half miles each time! I am super proud of him, this is some REALLY hard work up here at nearly 10,000 feet elevation! It is a HUGE difference from sea level, let me tell you. When we first moved up here we would get winded just walking from the couch to the fridge, no joke. I guess a lot of atheletes train at high altitudes to improve their endurance and stamina, so hopefully when we come to visit, he'll be like the bionic man or something! : ) (Oh brother, sorry for my sense of humor or lack there of, depending on who's listening, but apparently not sorry enough to delete it!)

Oh, back to the health stuff, I have an appointment with a local surgeon on July 25th, but I am trying to get one with a highly recommended ortho surgeon in Grand Junction, which is close to where my Mom and Dad live. If you think about me, pray that it will work out for me to get in to see one of the two doctors in GJ sooner than the 25th...I really want to get this thing over with and start the healing process as soon as poss.

Lastly, we are planning a quick trip down to L.A. to visit Ari's Mom and family the second week of Aug. We will hopefully go to Disneyland for a day, AND...there is a very small chance that we would meet up with my Uncle Scotty and his girl friend down there for the Disney day. (He lives up in Vancouver, WA. near you all.) It's been about a year since I have seen him, and I have yet to meet his girl friend, and I guess it's really serious between them! I really hope that it all works out. (the trip I mean!) : )

Well, now you are all caught up on our lives and I can stop typing! : ) I feel like this is the world's longest blog entry, sorry! Love you all and I trust you are all well.

Ari and Kristen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home