Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Big Bad Bear

This not-so-little bear had been a little naughty, so he was trapped by the forest service. I got to get right up to the cage and take several pictures. There were a coulple of times when he huffed and lunged at me, but I was surprised that he was as calm as he was. They had put a five gallon bucket filled with watermelon and apples, pears, grapes, peaches, etc...It sure did the trick, plus I think the bear really enjoyed the variety...he ate it all!


I know that the pictures aren't perfect, but you can see his big ol' head! This is a bear who has obviously been caught in a trap...Sucka!!! They caught him because he has been breaking into houses and he did a lot of damage to the kitchen of some poor rich people's vacation home that they come to maybe once a year. Those poor, poor rich people! (Sense the sarcasm.)

O.k., there is nothing to say that this is the same bear, innocent until proven guilty, right? But I have the best bear story EVER!!! My next door neighbor Dan who works for Mt. Village P.D stopped by our house tonight and told us the best story about a call he'd gone on last night. He got a call to a home, and the home owner said he had to walk Dan through it step by step so he'd really get it. So I'm going to tell it the same way. : )


This guy had spent the previous evening making cupcakes with blue and yellow frosting for his son's birthday the next day. When he had finished, he set the cupcakes on the windowsill to cool in the open window, and forgot all about it. Now, I can tell a lot of you can already see where this is going, but I promise, it fets better, just wait! : ) They all go to bed and sleep through the night. The dad was the first on to get up, so he ambles into the kitchen for some coffee. Just then he sees a 400 lb bear in the middle of his kitchen, sitting, like a person on the floor with his legs strait out in front of him, with the tray of cupcakes sitting on his lap. He, (the bear) had blue frosting all over his face, in his ears. Can you believe that!?! Dan, my cop neighbor, said that the bear had gotten frosting all over his paws as well, and that when the home owner walked in, the bear was liking the frosting out from between the toes of his front paw! The guy said, "shucks, the bear should have figured out our remote, at least then he could have been watching something while he had his breakfast!" : )

Isn't that the cutes bear story EVER? ; ) I just loved the image in my head when I heard the story...it's just so dang cute! He was sitting down like a civilized bear should, with his legs stretched out in front of him and a pan of cupcakes on his lap, frosting all over his face and paws. By the way, the bear quickly ran away and didn't eat anyone or any thing like that. So now he is known as the "Cupcake Bandit", may he live forever!!! After Dan the neighbor finished the bear story, he said that if he got a bear trapped tonight, he'd come get me in his police vehicle and take me up to see the bear! : ) Yippee, it was so much fun, not as much fun as the other night with Ari, myself, the bear and the large orange traffic cone! : ) You will have to read the other bear story on our blog to get that joke! : )

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Laura said...

You have had some excitement over the last couple of weeks, maybe we should move to Colorado! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I love you too and enjoyed spending those couple of years with you in Maple Valley. I'm so glad we can keep in touch through our blogs!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home