Friday, September 30, 2005

Oi' Vey!

Holy-schmoly! We leave tomorrow for our trip and we will be gone for three weeks! Trying to get everything together has been sooooo hecktic...we are doing most of our "planning" through Ari's mom and she's in L.A. and we don't have any of our info in our hands and I am feeling most agravated at the moment! Phone tag is NOT fun. I keep telling myself that it's all going to be o.k. once we get on that plane, but I just found out that we are flying to Greece with Alice's friend! Woo-hoo, on my honeymoon!

Deep breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth...aaaaaah, it's all going to be o.k. : ) We are all packed and we are mostly ready to go. Tomorrow we have a few copies to make, a few snacks to pick up and we fly out first thing Sunday morning (from Grand Junction, which is three hours from here so we are going to spend the night down there since we fly out at 6:30 a.m.) Ari says that if I want to find things to stress out about, I will...I told him that I'm not looking. He's not helping me feel any better about it. : ) I am just not the sort of person who deals well with things, especially BIG things being outside my control, and especially THIS close to our travel date. Our tickets are with some woman in L.A. whom we have never met, but Ari's mom is great friends with, (she's the one we are flying over with.) Oh Lord, help me to let it all go! I am certain it will all work out in the end, it's just this middle stuff that I don't care for in the least!

So, we are going to be in Greece for a little over two weeks, and that is really cool! We are going to spend the majority of our time in the south of Greece in the islands so that we can enjoy the sun and hot weather and hopefully some snorkling and white sandy beaches! I really don't have much to complain about, it just all hit me at once as I have been trying to get all of this information nailed down, and just now got all of the phone calls that I have been waiting on, so please forgive my whinning. We will be meeting Jessica and Rob in Athens and staying there for a few days to explore, then heading south, and then north to the little villages that Ari's family live in. I am so looking forward to meeting them even though I don't think that the older ones will speak any english...it will still be wonderful. It has been over ten years since Ari has seen his Grandmother and his aunts and uncles, so that will be really nice for all of them too. I am a little nervous being a very obviously not-greek girl that Ari is "bringing home." Do you remember the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? Well, it's very true to life, especially with the older generations...at least I am not a Turk! : ) I do know that I will stick out like a sore thumb with my red hair over there, that should be interesting...I guess it's not as bad as if we were visiting some asian country! : )

Well, that's all for now. If we get the chance to check our e-mail/blog I will try to up-date you all, but no promises. Most likely, we will be far away from any computers for the duration. Love you all!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Webbs said...

Wow girl! It's finally here. God is going to take care of you both and all the details and you know it. Worrying is just a pasttime for you at this point. May as well make the best of it. Have as much fun as possible and don't worry about the big "introduction" to his family. It's not like he has yet to make the decision to marry you...he chose you and he chose you for life...remember he sleeps with you when he comes home, not his family any more. I love you and can't wait to hear about your trip. We'll have to talk on a weekend so we can talk as much as we want! Bless you both on your wonderful and relaxing trip!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

You guys have a wonderful time! I am sure you will, what a blessing Ari's mom has given you! I am sure that meeting his family will make you feel so much closer to him! Bless you both!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Jed & Emily said...

Hey I hope you blog the heck out of your vacation. I want pictures and funny storries the whole 9 yards. We who are bound to small childern need to live through you exciting fancy free newly weds off on your frist over seas adventure.

1:17 PM  
Blogger The Webbs said...

Aren't you guys home yet?! I can't wait (or waint, depending on your last name) to hear all about your trip. I got your postage. Thanks.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Misty Throop said...

I hope you had the time of your lives and got to take in all the beauty of Greece. Can't wait to hear about it. Love ya, Misty

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home