Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hi All

Life is pretty consistant and predictable around here, so there is not much new to report. Jessica, my big sister, came up and visited us this week for three days and two nights. It was really nice to have her around for a few days, but it never feels like it was long enough...I want to live with her again! Jessie and I get along so well and we are best friends. We are so blessed and lucky to not only love eachother as sisters, but we really like eachother too! Sometimes it is a little bit eerie how alike we actually are. When ever we are together, we always end up making the same comments or exclamations at the same time and with the same intonation and inflexion. It's weird, seriously. Another strange thing is that we are asked if we are twins nearly everytime we are out in public together. What's up with that?! She's a blonde, I am a redhead. She is six years older than I am and sure, we have similar features and mannerisms, but twins????? Sisters explains it a lot easier than twins in my opinion!

Anyway, she came up and I got to show off my home to some one who always notices and appreciates the new additions and the small changes I have made in decorating. I don't know why that matters to me, but I love it when people notice the little things I do in our house to make improvements, etc... I guess that I am proud of our humble home. I really do love our little apartment and all of our hand-me-down furniture and how we've put it all together. : ) Seriously, our couch was given to us by one of Ari's co-workers, our other futon/love seat was giving to us by our neighbor and fellow officer who also gave us a beautiful pine dining table and bench set. Our end tables, lamps, steamer trunk/coffee table, curtains and throw pillows are all from thrift stores! : ) It was a REALLY big deal when we were able to purchase a brand new recliner this spring! Also, I found a gorgeous area rug on clearance at WalMart that we added this summer. Blah, blah, blah...There I go again! Basically, I am proud of our home and I love it. : )

Jessica has been working super hard this summer with Ameri-Corps working with the local kids running a day-camp five days a week for eight weeks! It was really great to have her up to our place in the mountains, out of the desert where she lives in 113 degree heat. It rained every day that she was here, and we had several major lightning and thunder storms, she loved it! The weather up here is really spectacular and it changes quite frequently. We have such an incredible view of the mountains directly across from us...we get to watch the storms and lightning play over them. About twice a week, we get the most beautiful evening light hit the valley and the mountains and there will be a double rainbow at the end of the canyon that takes your breath away. I will have to capture one on our camera so I can share it with you on our blog. So, what I have been trying to say, (and I've been side-tracking all over the place,) is that Jess had a very restful and relaxing time up here on her visit and we enjoyed eachother's company very much.

Speaking of Thunder and Lightning storms, one just hit, so I should get off the computer in case the power goes out or our building gets hit by lightning!

Peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home