Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Gabriel Elias Brinkley, born 8/19/07, Right on his due date!

Jed and Emily working hard. Isn't this the sweetest picture? Jed, Emily's husband, was incredible! He didn't leave her side once, and it was a LONG haul!
I got to be there for the whole thing... by the time the baby was born, I'd been awake for 30+ hours. This pic is right toward the end of Em's labor. She was at the end of transition and almost ready to push. She was in intense pain, I don't know how you ladies do this!?! You are amazing!
And here he is, Gabrial Elias Brinkley!!! All Eight pounds, 13 ounces and 20 and 1/4 inches of him!!! He is such a beautiful baby and he is coming into a really wonderful family with a big brother and a big sister who love and adore him, and parents that will do anything to get their children what they need and usher them into their destiny.

It never ceases to amaze me how completely present God is at every birth. I felt like the very hands of God were coming down from heaven and reaching through Emily to bring Gabrial to this world. It is always amazing. It sort of feels like you are walking on holy ground, God's presence is so tangible...I am still in awe.


TO THE BRINKLEY FAMILY:
Emily, you ROCK! Jed, you are incredible. Big brother Daniel, you are such a joy to be around, I have loved getting to know you and I think you are really great! You are such a good big brother and I am so excited for you having a little brother now...you are going to be able to show him all the cool stuff and teach him all sorts of wonderful things. My sweet Olivia, you are such a great person and you are going to love being a big sister. You are going have so much fun playing with Gabriel when he gets a little older. You guys are going to have a very special friendship. I love all of you and I am praying for rest and peace, that you will all gently ease into this new life together. Now your lives are truely blended. Grace, Peace and supernatural rest to each of you.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Congratulations! Kristin you are a trooper for being awake for that long and you were probably a huge help and blessing to them! What a beautiful baby boy! Still nothing on our end...I admire her for going natural. I'm a wimp and can't wait to get that epidural :)

5:07 PM  
Blogger John and Julia said...

What a cutie!!! 30+ hours!!! WOW!! I thought I was up for a long time when my brother Arthur and his wife had their baby and it was only 17 or 18 hours!! John and I got married on January 21, 2006. Alsmot 2 years!! I LOVE being married! The absolute best thing ever. When did you and Ari get married and how did you meet? I love seeing where you live! It looks absolutely beautiful! Sometimes I get jealous! :) But I love where we live too. :)

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home