Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Please Pray

My sister Jessica is having surgery tomorrow, Thursday the 19th to have her Gal Bladder removed. (By the way, Happy Birthday Pastor Craig Schlesinger) It is a minor surgery as far a surgeries go, but they still have to put her under a gerneral anesthesia and cut her abdomen open an inch or so. She gets to go home the same day provided everything goes well, which it should. I am driving down to Moab, UT first thing tomorrow morning, in a snow storm,(more on that later,) to be with her and Rob for the next couple of days...I finally get to be the one caring for the post-surgical patient rather than BEING the one cared for! : ) I know that might sound a bit twisted to some of you, but I have had five major surgeries as an adult and countless minor ones, (seriously, I lost count around 35?) So when I am excited to be the one taking care, it is only because now I get to give back a little bit of all the love and compassion my dear friends and family have given to me.

Please keep Jessica in your prayers this weekend too. This is her very first surgery, and though she is being quite brave about the whole thing, I know that it is a scary thing to have to place your physical life into some stranger's hands for several hours...you are completely out of control of everything...breathing, whether or not you wake up, even going to the bathroom! : ) That was probably the hardest thing for me the first time, and everytime since...trusting a complete stranger to breathe for me and to give me the right amounts of meds to get me to sleep and then to wake me up! Yuck. And, bless her heart, she is more worried about Rob than herself. Pray for the basic physical stuff, but also for a great peace and rest in Jesus. Another thing to pray for is that she is a very self-motivated person and I am worried about her pushing herself to do too much too soon, so if you remember, please pray for that. Thank you for caring about the things that I care about. Thank you for your prayers, they really do make a HUGE difference.

Otherwise, things are going well here on the home front. We are expecting up to a foot or more of snow in the next 24 hours, and lots of strong wind...it should be fun and exciting! A foot in one day is a lot, especially for around here...usually, we get several inches at a time, but the snow here is so light and fluffy and the flakes are so tiny that you could fit about ten of them inside this ~ 0! Plus with the wind, it usually gets blown thinly from the flat ground into giant drifts. Last winter I got out a magnifying glass and looked at the snow flakes and they were absolutely amazing! They are ALL perfect, delicate, tiny little snowflakes that look much more beautiful than Swarafsky could every dream of douplicating! God does such amazing things around us every day, and so much of the time I take it for granted. What part of the snowflake phenominon is not a miracle? Honestly? What part of the human body and how it functions is not a miracle? God is still very amazing to me, and I pray that He always will be. I NEVER want to become so familiar that I lose the intimacy I have with Him.

Well, I have been all over the board tonight, haven't I?! : ) Thank you for listening, thank you for praying, and thank you for loving me the way that you do. You all mean a lot to me and I am so grateful for these blogs, they are such a gift...without them I would have a much more difficult time keeping up with you all and staying in relationship with you. My heart really needs friends, it gets so lonely up here. Sure I have my guinea pig and my cat, and a wonderful, understanding, loving and supportive husband, but you know what I mean. : ) I need you all, or perhaps I should say that your friendships mean very much to me. I was fortunate and blessed most of my life to be surrounded by amazing, character-filled, caring and quality people. Now I see that people like you all are extremely rare gifts and even more, you are all so special and rare that I have yet, in my 3 years in CO, met anyone who could hold a candle to any one of you that reads this blog, honestly. Remember to treasure your family and friends, they may just be the best ones you will ever have. Sniff. I miss you guys!

All my love, Kristen Fairlight Eddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home