Saturday, January 07, 2006

Happy New Year!

I must apologize for not keeping up on our blog...things have been a bit topsy-tervy as of late with the holiday's, travel, visitors, etc... By the way, I got to have my Brother Seth and his wife Tess, and my neice Hannah and nephew Caleb come up and visit us this week! It was such a blast getting to show the kids all of the snow and the giant mountians that surround us and to take them on the gondola down the mountain into town. I think that was probably the highlight of our day together. The kids loved it! The gondola is like a large ski lift, only it is completely enclosed and it is free. It takes about 15 minutes to make the trip from our parking lot G. station down into Telluride's G. Station with one switch in the middle of Mt. Village, which is kinda the hub for all of the ski lifts, the resorts, etc...

Mom brought everybody up for the day, it was great to see her too, we all took the gondola down into town and walked around a little. I showed them my favorite shops, one of which just so happens to be a toy store, so of course we had to let Hannah and Caleb pick out a little something from there. Then we went over to Ari's office, aka the police station where Uncle Ari gave them the grand tour and showed them all the cool things inside his police vehicle. (it's not a car, it's an SUV, but somehow that sounds weird to say, so I go with vehicle, as if you cared!) : )

Anyhoo, this was really the high-light of the past month for me to have my family get to see where we live, etc...the kids absolutely LOVED Lou lou, our guinea pig, and they would hardly put her down long enough to eat their lunches! I kept telling them that her bladder has a timer on it of about 15 minutes, so they were pretty good about giving her little "potty breaks" and we avoided all accidents! I love those kids so very much, I can not believe how quickly they are growing up, and what wonderful people they are becoming. My only wish would be that I were able to spend more time with them, but I am very happy for what I got!


Alrighty, I guess that's all for now...Here's a quick up-date; Ari and I are still not sure about the whole moving on thing, still waiting on the Lord, putting in some applications, praying and waiting...so as soon as we know something, you will too. At this point we have just over a year until his retirement is fully vested, simply put, we get 100% of the funds matched by the city. (Each paycheck we put in 12% to our retirement and they match it 100%, but if we leave after one year, we get only 25% of the matched money, two years; 50%, three years; 75%...you get the picture.) So, all that being said, maybe we will wait it out for a few more months and see...who knows? Well, God does, but He's not telling! : )

Love you all, and Happy New Year, New Beginnings and many New Adventures!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Eddy's said...

HEY, AUNT KRISTEN AND UNCLE ARI, THANX FOR THE FUN VISIT. THE BEST FUN WAS THE GONDOLA RIDE AND LU LU. LOVE, HANNAH AND CALEB

5:31 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Did you get any pictures? Your neice and nephew are so adorable! I would love to see some new ones!

12:42 PM  
Blogger The Eddy's said...

Oh but of course we have pictures! I wish that I had some of the kids on the gondola to show you...my brother took those on his camera, so I'm waiting for him to send them to me.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home