Sunday, December 11, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy!

We have had company for the last few weeks it would seem...we did get a few day break in, but even on those days we had people over for dinner, etc...so I have not been keeping up on my blog, sorry, and I still haven't done any Christmas shopping! This is really unlike me, but alas, what's a girl to do stuck up on a snowy mountain in a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-priced resort town?! I cannot and will now waste my husband's hard earned money here! So, I think that Ari and I will take yet another three hour trip down to where my parent's live, they have a mall and some decent stores down there, beside that, it's always nice to see my mom and dad, plus, we have a ton of laundry to do while we are there. Here we have a laundry mat that charges $1.50 to wash and $1.00 to dry, provided your load is small enough to actually dry with in the 50 or so minutes that they allot you, so, we have a deal with my family; I give everybody free haircuts, and they let us do our laundry down there when we visit. It's not every week that we drive three hours for a few loads, but if we are going down there, we bring our dirty laundry with us! : ) I think that it's a pretty fair exchange. Also, while we are down in "normal land" we will try to go and see THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE! I can hardly wait for this movie! I grew up reading these books, several times over and it is going to be so great to see it all come to life. I also grew up reading the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit books, and I enjoyed the movies immensely, but this is different, this has such a deep and obvious underlying story of what Jesus did for us here on earth. I cry each time that I read the books, and now just seeing the adds for the movie, I find myself getting choked up.

Urrrgh! I just wrote a whole lot more here, and then selected it to do a spell check on it and it just vannished! Grrrrrrrr. I guess that I will just have to tell you more later when I get back in the typing mood and I am not feeling quite so hostile towards computers!

In the mean time...Have yourself a Merry little Christmas time! And you can have a Happy New Year too! : )

2 Comments:

Blogger The Webbs said...

I love to read your entries. I can hear your voice reading along as I do. Anyway, an idea for you: you can right click on the picture that you want and you can print it out on your computer. If you are not able to do that, let me know and I can snail mail you one. There is hundreds more on our computer. I love that whole digital world. Aloha for now.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Misty Throop said...

Bummer! I could tell that you had more to say but then it just ended. Computers can be frustrating at time huh? Well, it was good to hear new news about you and Ari. Let me know what you think of the movie, and the feeling that you have when you walk out of the theater. I heard it's awesome and very powerful. I look forward to seeing it too! Keep us updated with new pics everyonce in a while. I love to see new pic of you guys, it's like your still here in Camas, but not. You know. Well we miss you and thanks again for the Christmas card, sorry we aren't sending one out. Love ya, Misty

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home