Thursday, December 01, 2005

Busy, busy, busy!

...as the little guy in the Frosty the Snowman cartoon says! : ) We had Thanksgiving at our house with just the two of us because Ari had to work, but his friend Joseph who was in our wedding and is a youth pastor in Pendelton, OR flew out to spend it with us. So, at least we were not completely alone! : ) I made a giant turkey, stuffing, rolls, greenbean casserole with the crispy fried onion rings on top, mashed potatoes, salad, gallons of gravy and then two pumpkin pies and one blueberry pie with homemade whipping cream! Yum, it was a complete and total feast! : )

The day after Thanksgiving, we all drove down to the nearest town a bought our Christmas tree! It is almost ten feet tall and the whole thing fit inside our new car! We had the tree well wrapped in a tarp and layed a few of the seats down, and that sucker fit just like a glove! I love all of the "cargo room"! : ) We put the tree up that same night and got it all decorated...the place looks all cheery and cozy. We also put lights up all around our picture window in the livingroom, so from out side it looks especially enviting. Now all we need are a few presants under the tree! : ) (We already have the snow, but we would like some more.) I think that we have about four to six inches of snow on the ground, with more expected on the way...once it starts snowing in the fall, it never goes away until mid-May, no joke. This last summer I got a little worried that Ari's birthday was going to be snowy, and his birthday it May 28th! I think that the snow hung around until the week before his birthday. That is partly why getting to go to Greece was so great, we never really had any summer at all...maybe one or two weeks of sun, then the "monsoon season" hit. (That just means that it rains, a lot.) So, back to the snow...we both really enjoy it, especially watching it fall out side our window. I went out in it today and I was trying to scrape ice off of my windshield and I fell flat on my Tuchus! sp? Ouch. I am still feeling it! : )

Joseph left for home yesterday, so I sort of recouperated today, cleaned house and made a giant batch of turkey noodle soup with our left-over turkey. It turned out really well, which was a good thing because Ari brought the new-higher police officer home with him for dinner tonight! I am so glad that they have finally hired some one, they have been in desparate need for months! This guy seems nice enough, plus he liked my soup, so he's a keeper! : )

I really wish that I were asleep in my bed right now, but I am up waiting for my husband to come home...he was supposed to be home around 3 am, and it's almost 4...he just-just called to tell me that he got an arrest for DUI and he's going to be a while down at the jail. Well, at least I know where he is and I don't have to be worried for him any longer. I feel horribly for Ari because he has to get up early for a training tomorrow morning...he works all night, gets off at 3 am, is on-call until 5am, and then he has to get up at 7:30am and be ready to leave by 8am, and that's the best case...NOW he's got this arrest that will keep him up and at work until 5:30, or 6, he might be able to unwind enough to sleep for a little bit, but he still has to get up at 7:30 and leave at 8 - for an all day fire-arms (gun) training...reeeeeal safe, that's what I'm thinking! My poor husband! I wish that there was something that I could do to help him...I can't imagine how tired he is already, not even counting the thing tomorrow hanging over his head. Poor boy. : (

Well, now that I know where he is and that he is safe, I am going to try and get some sleep for the both of us...maybe osmosis will work with sleep! (I know that it is only for water, but you can't crush all my hopes!) : ) Love you all out there in bloggerland...I hope that you had wonderful Thanksgiving's with your friends and family!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Wow, you made a real feast Kristen! I bet you've enjoyed all the leftovers! :) Glad you had a nice one even though you didn't get to see family, hopefully for Christmas? I wish we could have a little of your snow over here :)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Misty Throop said...

Great job on the Thanksgiving Dinner, you are braver than I am. Today I took Ethan for a drive up to the snow. There was about a half inch up on Mt. Norway. Ethan loved to see the snow and I gave him a snowball and of course he ate it. I wish we had more snow here. It's good to hear that you are already putting your new Honda to work hauling a 10 foot tree home. Great job! Post a pic of it...please! Well we miss you and thanks for the surprise, we got it in the mail today. I will deliver the Herzer's to them as well. Well, I better go, have a great day! Love, Misty p.s. Say hello to your huspband for us.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Holy Moly! You are going to have left overs for like a month! That is awesome!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Hi Kristen - I haven't visited your blog in awhile and it's so good to see all of your pictures. You are still completely beautiful! I'm not very good at blog surfing. I just can't seem to find the time with 3 small children and homeschooling. Anyway, I will try to stop by again soon. Oh - are you going to take the other job and move? It's hard to be lonely. I will pray for your decision.
Love, Holly

4:57 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Hi Kristin! I was on Sabrina & Matt's blog today & saw your link! It's cool to read about your life and see what you're up to now. Sounds like all is well. Living in Colorado must be fun, I love it there! Take care, Rose Ruiz

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home