Friday, January 20, 2006

She made it! ; )

Thank all of you for your prayers...not only did the docter remove her gal bladder, but he did a little exploritory surgery and found a tumor in her appendex, I guess the whole appendex was the tumor, so the surgeon removed that and he also found a lot of endometriosis growing on the outside of her overy, uterus and tubes, so he removed that as well. The surgery took a lot longer and instead of having it just be a "day surgery", she is now on day two in the hosp...with hopes of coming home tonight, but only if they are able to control her pain level. So far she is still needing shots of demerol i.v. This morning she is giving just the pills a try to see if they will work for her. I am so proud of her and how brave she has been about this whole thing! I spent the night in the hospt. with her last night and now I am at their house to get a little rest. My sister is so polite she actually feels badly asking for her pain meds when she really needs them. I am really glad that I could be there to be her advocate. I sure know what she is going through and how hard it is to tell the drs and nurses what you need, so it was great, I took care of all of that for her so she didn't have to feel badly, she could simply blame her over-protective sister! : )

Please pray that the biopsy/lab results on the tumor are the best possible thing that they could be. Right now her surgeon doesn't know enough to know whether or not she will be needing another surgery, or even if it is cancer. I think that we are all pretty secure in God's perfect ways and that things will be o.k. No one is panicing or really even worrying yet. But all the same, please pray. Please also remember Rob in your prayers. He is really worn out being strong for Jessie and worrying when he's alone.

Thanks again everyone, it really means a lot to me and to my family that we have so many people praying. I KNOW that it makes a palpible difference. I could honestly feel the prayers when I had my surgeries, you can feel the peace and the trust in God is there because there is so much grace for everything. Jessica keeps saying that she can tell that she is being prayed for by a lot of people, so she says thank you too!

Enough for now, I really need to get a few hour's sleep! I think that I slept about one and a half hours all night last night, in a hopital chair that "folds out" into a "bed". Yeah, I'm not too sure what constitutes a bed anymore, but it worked. Mostly the sleeplessness was due to caring for my sister. I can actually and honestly say that I enjoyed my time with her. I really was a gift to me to be on the other end of the spectrum for once, giving the care...I completely spoiled her, but she deserved every bit of it. I was thinking that some one could make that their business if they wanted to...just to accompany people to the hospital and be with them during their post-op care to make sure that they have all the warm blanket and bendy straws and ordering the pain meds just ahead of the time they are needed, so that they will get to the patient right when they need it. I bet some one could make a ton of money doing something like that. Perhaps I shouldn't post my idea on a public blog site, some one might steal my idea and make MY millions! Hee, hee! I am loopy-tired so I am signing off now.

Much love and thanks for all of your prayers.

P.S. To people like my mother, who are horrified to see all of my miss-spelled words; I am certain that this entry is chalk-full of them, but I am exhasted, and I don't care...so, that's it and that's all! Love Ya!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

Wow! I will pray that she is okay. You are a good sister and nurse. I would have you take care of me anyday! You just have it in you!
I enjoyed catching up on your blog.
Love you!~

3:56 PM  
Blogger The Webbs said...

I will attest to that! Kristen has taken care of me in some of my not so good times....physically and spiritually....and she is a good one! You have a wonderful family, and by the way Kristen, don't be shy on giving your 'opinion or expertise' about the whole bottle thing....just be humble as you were and you're good with me. Love you girl. We need to connect some time soon and 'shout out' to each other. :-)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home