Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Birthday to Nearly Half of My Address Book!!!

Say, Happy Thanksgiving!!! Happy Birthday to: Emily, Pastor Scott, Robin, Lynne J., Amar and Rob...(some of my most favorite people in the world! And, they all happen to have birthday's withing a month of eachother!)

O.k., now that the birthday shout out is over, I am sorry that we haven't been on here in a few...our lap top has been off line for some inexplicable reason...and, I am so lazy that I didn't go the eight feet from my recliner to the computer desk and post on it! Well, to be quite honest, it was a combination of laziness and my back has been hurting a lot more since Thanksgiving...I think I over-did it making a giant batch of mashed potatos, a green salad and giving my (nearly bald) Dad a hair cut! Sheesh, that's sad! (Not that my Dad is nearly bald, the fact that those three fairly simple tasks were enough to put me out of commission for a few.) : )

Ari has been having to work an extra day a week for the past few weeks to cover for a co-worker. Thankfully he had Thanksgiving off this year! This is the first time in the three years at this dept. that he has had a holiday off, it's about time!

My family all met in Fruita, CO where my Parents and my Aunt and Uncle and my Grandmother all live...My Sister and Husband live two hours away, in Moab, UT, my Cousin Emily, her daughter and Em's new fiance' live ten minutes away in Grand Junction, CO and Ari and I are three hours away in the Mountains. So, the majority of our fam. converged on my Aunt and Uncle's house and enjoyed a very nice dinner and very pleasant conversation. We were all very thankful! : )

Nothing much to report...we have gotten a little more snow this last week, but it's still not enough! You might think that I'd have my fill of snow by now, living in the Rockies and all. I am a total snow junkie - always have been. So far we have only had enough to open the very top ski runs, way up above 10,000 feet elevation. We live at about 9,200 ft., smack-dab in the middle of a ski resort. It was a HUGE adjustment moving up here from sea level, let me tell you! Truthfully, we moved from sea level to around 5,000 ft. and lived there for a year before we sojourned up to these lofty heights, but it still kicked our butts. Ari lived up here about five months before I did, since his job began before we were married. Every time I would come up for a visit I would get really bad head aches, nose bleeds, and just walking from the room to room would leave us a bit out of breath! The air is a whole lot thinner up here and it actually makes people sick enough to have to go to the hospital! (Visiters.) Living at a high elevation effects metabolism enough to make Colorado the thinnest State, and it's been reported that the higher you live, the lower birth weights are for your babies. Crazy, huh?

Well, like I said, there really isn't much new around here...We are hoping to get our Christmas tree this week! : ) I can't wait, I completely love decorating the tree and the house, and I love the way a pine tree makes the whole house smell so good! Usually, we get our tree on the way home from Thanksgiving, but we had a very full car with all our left-overs...yum. : ) I'm kidding.

I will try to get some pictures up soon! Love you all and we wish you all very happy holidays!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Eddy's said...

Notice, I keep saying that there isn't much new news, so there really shouldn't be much to say, but I somehow stretched this blog into a long-y! Wow, I can talk! : )

4:33 AM  
Blogger Jed & Emily said...

Hey if you have time would you please send me the pics of Thanks Giving. Good or bad pics I don't have any of Jed and I together. That picture of me and O is so cute...what a stinker. I hope to talk to you soon.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Kristin, if the air in Colorado affects metabolism, you'd better watch your skinny little self!!! You'll waste away to nothing :) Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving! Hope your back feels better...don't overdo it...it's not worth it. You don't want to be miserable for Christmas, do you? Sorry for nagging. Now that I'm a mom I catch myself sounding like my mother. Scary :)

4:09 PM  
Blogger The Eddy's said...

Lis, you are too cute! I don't mind, sometimes we all need a mom, I love it that it's some one younger than me this time...believe me, I am the worst at mothering, and I am not even a mom yet!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home