Saturday, November 18, 2006

Isn't it Ironic, don'tcha think?

I took these pics in L.A. in the middle of a very industrial area...I thought that the irony was quite thick; First of all, the whole "Keeping it Real" phrase was histerical, but then you add on the statement, "From the 'Family Farm' to the Family Table" with the whole thing being viewed through, not only chain link fence, but chain link fence topped with barbed wire!!! Mmmmmm...can't you just taste the wholesome goodness despite the enveloping polluted chemical fog? : )Keep in mind that this billboard is located in the heart of a very desolate, bleak, dingy, concrete everything, power lines every where and industrial and factory buildings surrounding you as far as the eye can see! Perhaps the irony is more striking to me, having grown up on a farm, milking cows every day...I just hope that the rest of you find this at least slightly amusing too, otherwise I am going to feel just that much weirder for having brought this up! : )
 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa Mac said...

Oh Wow! Is the crime so bad in LA they have to keep the milk behind barbed wire fences? LOL...too funny. I was thinkin' about you guys today. We had a pancake feed at Calvary in between services & I helped out with the cookin'. During the meal I peeked out from the kitchen & saw a couple teenage gals off in the corner quietly chattering a hundred miles an hour. Sure reminded me of you & Robin & how you guys would huddle up to do your plotting & planning. Nothing much has changed...except now it's done by email. My how times change. Hugs to all. Mac n Judy

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home