Saturday, September 01, 2007

Super Good News!!!

On Thursday night, I finally got a call back from my endocrinologist and he explained to me what’s going on with the thyroid issues in my neck. Everything that I had researched on the internet and in my anatomy and physiology book was telling me that I was going to have to have surgery to remove the tumors in my neck, and I was trying REALLY hard not to freak out. Anyway, the Doc told me that the tumors are small enough right now, that we don’t need to worry too much about them for a few years, and that my thyroid levels can likely be controlled by medication. . . AND, the really super-good news is that we can get pregnant as soon as possible! I found out that my thyroid functions have been failing, and that is most likely why we haven’t been able to conceive yet. I should be good to go in four to six weeks; that’s how long it will take us, (my Doctor and I,) to get the thyroid medication levels figured out and balanced in my body.

Honestly, I don’t think that the whole meaning of this has really sunk in yet…I have had symptoms of thyroid problems since I was a baby. My heart rate has always been very rapid and my heart often skips beats. Then, when I was two or three, I started to get inexplicable chest pain. I have also always naturally eaten like a bird. (It’s been really strange for me lately because I have been eating like a horse, craving food like a mad woman!) My Dad said that I am most likely just now getting a “normal” appetite…I must say that it feels quite strange to be eating this much. Mostly, the enormous relief of not needing surgery, again, FINALLY resolving several perplexing life-long issues, and not having to wait a year or two to start having babies, is HUGE! It sounds cliché, but I don’t think that I have ever felt like a bigger weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I don’t really know how to process it all, it is such a ginormous answer to so many prayers. . .

. . .thank you so much for yours. : )

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Kristin, that is wonderful! I am so happy for you, I know you have waited a long time and been patient, we will pray God's favor and blessing on you that you will conceive and have a healthy strong chubby baby! And that you will not have complications during pregnancy! Can't wait to hear the news of the new Eddy baby! Many blessings to you both!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Bring on the babies!! Woo hoo. :) We are rejoicing with you in your good news and will pray for continued and COMPLETE healing!

We love you,
Sab

12:01 PM  
Blogger Jed & Emily said...

Oh I'm so happy for you! This is exciting news. It will make family get togethers so much fun to have lots kids running around, and I will be glad if they aren't all mine. I think it would be so cool for Gabriel to have a little cousin to play with. We are praying for you that the Lord will bless you beyond your most wild dreams.
Love ya
Emily and Jed

1:31 PM  
Blogger The Webbs said...

Yay!! More babies...and a healthy body. What great news!

3:32 PM  
Blogger george xantiogiorghs(rhodes greece) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:03 PM  
Blogger george xantiogiorghs(rhodes greece) said...

heiiii!!! no news from you for along time how are you?is there a baby coming? pls tell me adut kisses to you!!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home