Tuesday, October 17, 2006

SNOW!!!!!

It's been trying to snow and stick around here for the past few weeks, and I think that today it finally succeeded! : ) Even after three years of snow from Oct. through the end of May, I still get excited everytime I see the comforting white flakes floating down to their silent landing. Today I can just see across the parking lot to the next apartment building, beyond that everything is just a veil of white...it's snowing so much that the mountains are completely obscured! And believe me, that takes a LOT of snow falling down to cover those suckers up! : ) It's not quite a blizzard because there is little to no wind, but if we were driving in it, we would have a tough time seeing very far in front of us. How fun! : ) I really hope that this is it now and that the snow stays on the ground...around here it gets to 6 feet or so during the winter. It snows WAY more than that, but it's so dry and the sun comes out and shrinks it down nearly every day. I wonder what the "total" snow fall is...I'd guess around 20 feet or so for the whole winter, perhaps much more.

Anyhow, enough about the weather! I am healing well, having a few health hick-ups this last couple of days, nothing much. Ari has been simply wonderful throughout this whole ordeal. Speaking of how great he is, yesterday was our second anniversary! : ) We had plans for a visit to the hot springs near by, but I had to go to the hospital for a cat scan really early yesterday morning and the hosp. is an hour and a half away, so that took up a lot of time...we are going to go next week and celebrate it then.

Our new kitty is so wonderful...his name is officially Mokee. All of the other names just wouldn't stick, but this one did and he even answers to it, so it MUST be his name! : ) He is about 10 weeks old now, long hair, black/charcoal with lighter gray under his chin and on his tummy. He is one of the special cats in the world...he has a really cool personality. He is super bright and very spastic! (wildly playful) and very cuddly. He loves to sleep with us all night under the covers right in between us. Every so often he yawns and stretches and places his paw ever so gently on my cheeck just to say hi and I love you. ( Awwww, am I making anyone sick with all the sappy sweetness?) : ) Ari and I are sooooooo glad that we got Mokee when we did, he is great for company and entertainment, both of which I run a bit short on during the week when Ari is working!

So, that's just about it for the Eddy's...not too terribly much going on around these parts, but we are happy and content and doing well.

Much love, Kristen

1 Comments:

Blogger The Eddy's said...

It's still snowing!!! AND...we saw a big ol' black bear lumbering through our parking lot tonight. I was trying to figure out why he wasn't asleep yet! : ) We have about a foot of snow so far, and we are slated to get a foot more by tomorrow, Woo-Hoo!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home